What is Polkadot (DOT) and how to get an instant DOT loan
Forever cast under the shadow of competitors like Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, and Bitcoin, Polkadot (DOT) struggled to make a name for itself but eventually grew to be one of the most diverse blockchains out there. Features like pooled security and trust-free interchain transact ability make it unique in addition to its multi-chain technology called “parachains.”
In short, Polkadot is a fully scalable heterogeneous parachain technology that lets blockchain transfer value and other messages in a trustless fashion. Polkadot’s native token DOT has a total supply of 1 billion and can be found on all major exchanges (and YouHodler).
Pros and Cons of Polkadot (DOT)
- Innovative parachain structure allows it to build bridges between external networks like Ethereum and Bitcoin
- Developers can launch their own chains and applications using the pooled security model. Hence, they don’t have to worry about getting miners or validators to keep their own chains secure
- Polkadot raised $200 million in the early stages of development and was quick to make business development partnerships with top projects like Chainlink.
- Developers have increased flexibility thanks to the Parity Technologies Substrate modular framework which helps them find the best component for their specific application.
- There are only a limited number of parachains. Slots are sold via auctions which could potentially price out some smaller use cases
- Hackers have attacked Polkadot a couple of times with millions of dollars being lost in the process
- There is a lot of competition for Polkadot like Tezos, Cardano, and Ethereum.
How to get an instant DOT loan
If you are a true believer in the future of DOT, then you’ll never want to sell. Thankfully, you don’t have to. Simply use DOT as collateral for an instant fiat loan on YouHodler. This isn’t like getting a loan at your traditional bank. This is easy. Just sign up, pass our fast KYC/AML process and then deposit DOT into your personal DOT wallet. After that, it’s just a matter of choosing how you receive your loan.
Choose from DOT to USD, DOT to EUR, DOT to GBP, and more! We have an industry-best loan to value ratio (LTV) of 90% meaning you get the most money for your collateral. Best of all, you won’t miss out on the future growth of DOT.
So just visit us today to keep HODLING DOT and get cash now.
How to borrow Polkadot - How does it work?
With our Crypto-Backed Loan service, you can borrow BTC, USDT, USD, EUR, GBP, or CHF only. That means if you want to borrow DOT you first must convert one of the above to fiat and convert it to DOT using our exchange service.
Polkadot loan calculator
You can use our DOT loan calculator with different loan plans to find the best option for you. You can see all parameters on the form such as loan duration, price down limit, and loan repayment. If you want to loan Polkadot, please check the calculator first to see which plan works best for you.
Polkadot lending process
Polkadot lending is easy with YouHodler. Just open and verify your account, deposit your crypto to the wallet and use it as collateral for your future DOT loans.
It's worth trying! Forget selling your
with instant crypto backed loans on YouHodler
If you would like to learn more about crypto credits, please continue to the app. Start boosting your crypto portfolio now with YouHodler's crypto lending, convert, buy and sell options.